Ministry Of Health and Human Services
The Ministry of Health and Human Services has the cabinet responsibility of implementing national and state government health policies as well as providing technical input to assist Benue State government in the formulation of its health policies for execution.
Primarily, the ministry aims at maintaining the health security of its citizenry.
The structure otherwise the departments of the ministry are:
Administration and Supply Department
The department coordinate the day to day management activities in the following area:
- Welfare/Staff claims
- Retirement of staff she are due
- Confirmation of appointments and the discipline of erring staff
Finance and Accounts Department
The major duty of this department is to receive approved funds from the ministry of finance and pay to other departments, bodies and individuals.
The following are the activities of the department:
- Salary and allowance.
- Overhead review to ascertain the cost of running the ministry.
- The ministry also fund the Benue State University Makurdi for equipments and logistics.
- Procurement of drugs, stationeries.
Public Health Service Department
The department of Public Health Services as a directorate is charged with the responsibilities of providing support on Benue State public health care management, delivery and other programs like:
- Immunization programme.
- Survey and the enlightenment of the people against nutrition.
- Enlightenment Programmes about HIV/AIDS and other STDs.
- Safe motherhood programme.
- Programme to curtail or detect epidemics.
Pharmaceutical Services Department
The department equally embarks on monitoring and supervision of patent medicine vendors all over the state, in the process, sanctions defaulters.
Nursing Services Department
- School of Nursing.
- School of Midwifery.
Clinical Services Department
The department of Clinical Services was created from the restructuring of the former department of medical and health services into public health and clinical services.
Its functions include:
- Provision of quality care and standard clinical practice.
- Accreditation and inspection of private health facility in Benue State.
- Periodic monitoring and supervision of private health facility to ensure standard of practice.
Planning and Research Services Department
The department coordinate the following activities:
- Government House Clinic
- Benue State University Teaching Hospital, Makurdi Local Government
The ministry also has three (3) parastatals operating under the ministry:
- Benue State Hospitals Management Board.
- Benue State University Teaching Hospital.
- Benue State Aids Control Agency, BENSACA.