Ukeyima Tersoo Stephen Craig
Ukeyima Tersoo Stephen Craig is a passionate, result-oriented and goal-driven individual.
Mr Ukeyima is a graduate of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering, from the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, now JS Tarka University. He holds a B.ENG. degree with majors in waste management/crop processing and storage(2006). He has competences in Energy Engineering and Post Harvest Technologies. He has designed and fabricated a functional hybrid vegetable dehydrator.
In the pursuit of further learning, Mr Ukeyima has acquired some certifications from the following institutions:
- NIM – Proficiency Certificate in Management(2008).
- LAUTECH Consult in collaboration with National Directorate of Employment – Certificate of Training on the Design, Installation, Harvesting and Maintenance of a Solar Power System(May 2011).
- Sokoto Energy Research Centre, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto in Collaboration with National Directorate of Employment – Certificate of Training on the Construction of a 2.4 M-500W Wind Turbine (June 2010).
- Xi’an Jiaotong University of China and Polytechnic University Hong Kong – Professional Workshop on Ultra High Voltage, Smart Grid and Electrical Infrastructure for Resilient City(April 2019); a Belt and Road initiative of China.
- School of Professional and Continuing Education, College of Humanities and Law, Hong Kong University – Postgraduate Certificate in Corruotion Studues (March 2020)
Mr Ukeyima has been associated with DStv as a retailer under his brand SOO Communications, and also as a Business Development Manager under Summit Telecommunication Limited, one of the franchise’s super dealers.
Currently an Immigration Attaché at the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Hong Kong. Prior to this, he served as the Public Relations Officer of the Nigerian Immigration Service, Benue State Command, a position from which he increased the awareness and appreciation of the Service to the Benue public.
Mr Ukeyima has also had a stint in teaching having taught Health Science at Sahara Nursery and Primary School, Gboko, in 1995, Chemistry and integrated science at Queen of the Rosary Secondary School, Gboko, in 2004 and Mathematics at the Holyfield Academy, Ijapo, Akure, Ondo State
Although a public servant, he has demonstrated his passion for community service. He is the Board of Trustees Chairman for Tiv People Worldwide Advancement Foundation (TPWAF), a non-governmental, non-political organization which seeks to attract/avail (within its capacity) opportunities to Tiv people globally to improve the quality of their lives as well as realize their full potentials.
To this end, the Foundation since its incorporation on 14th June 2017, has organized several health outreaches/intervention programs at the various IDPS in Benue state. Recently, it carried out an awareness campaign on COVID-19 in Gboko Local Government Area of the State, donating protective equipment against the virus as well as food items to selected widows in the under-served communities.
Mr Ukeyima is a recipient of many honors in recognition of a meritorious service in the pursuit of favorable Benue student welfare policies. These honors were received from CTS, NAIS, NUIS and other student departmental bodies across Nigerian Universities, following his active service as president of the National Union of Benue Students (NUBESS).
He is a lover sports and leisure, and indulges himself in basketball, soccer, chess and scrabble. He believes in wellness and keeps fit regularly.