My Simple Vegetable Soup Recipe
So, I had a video conversation with Akaa Fele while in the kitchen trying to prepare to cook. I decided to rub it in knowing he’s out of the country that I was making vegetable soup. OK, while this story? Ehmmm… I don’t even know, but well I’d like to share my simple recipe with you and this was Akaa’s request.
Vegetable soup is one of my favorite soups especially because I looooove vegetables and it’s easy to make and it takes a little time to prepare. So anytime I’m craving a “swallow” meal, a simple vegetable soup that takes less than an hour does the magic for me.
You can have vegetable soup with anything, that includes rice, yam, beans…. Anything! It’s good and very healthy.
So let’s get cooking shall we?
- Vegetables (also called Greens)
- Smoked Fish
- Palm oil
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning of Choice (I used Knorr).
- Locusts beans (optional)
- Chop and wash your vegetables thoroughly.
- Blend or Chop your Pepper and Onions.
- Pour some palm oil into your pot on the burner and leave to heat up (Do not allow to bleach).
- Pour in your pepper and onions paste, you can add locust beans as well and allow to fry a little.
- Add some water or stock, add some salt and seasoning to your taste and allow to boil.
- Then add your fish that must have be washed and separated into little pieces.
- Add your chopped vegetables and leave for 3 minutes to steam.
And that’s it, your soup is ready. Vegetable soup is a very accommodating soup and by that I mean you can add as much fish or meat or any other ingredients you like to give it your desired taste. You can have vegetable soup with anything, that includes rice, yam, beans…. Anything!
It’s good and very healthy.
Meanwhile, the picture was captured with a smartphone, follow @prodphotography.ng to see more amazing pictures I take with my phone.
2 thoughts on “My Simple Vegetable Soup Recipe”
Thank you so much for sharing my story.
Thank you for the recipe